On 3rd May 2017 we had an Ofsted inspection, and we are delighted to announce that we were judged as a secure “Good”.
We are thrilled by this result, not least because of all of the positive comments in the report about the school, its pupils, staff and leadership.
Below are just some of the fantastic comments from our report that we would like to share with you. To access the full report, please click on Our Ofsted page.
- “You and your governors place a high priority on keeping pupils safe. The nurture and care for the individual are strengths of the school’s work.”
- “Parents speak highly of the open and accessible lines of communication with staff.”
- “You have successfully tackled the areas that were identified in the last inspection as needing further improvement.”
- “I saw many excellent examples of writing and mathematics in other subjects, such as science, history and religious education.”
- “Many [parents and carers] told me that your leadership is decisive and inspirational. You work closely with your deputy headteacher and middle leaders to drive forward improvements. Staff say they feel valued and proud to work at the school.”
- “Pupils have a very clear sense of right and wrong and are champions for equality within their school. They are very proud to be pupils at Rotherfield, behave impeccably in lessons and approach learning with confidence and determination to succeed.”
- “The effectiveness of governors in holding leaders to account is improving significantly.”
For parents and carers who might be unaware of the process, the Ofsted inspection can be a rather grueling process; which lasts for approximately nine hours. The school is only given half a day’s notice to prepare for the inspection, which enables the inspector to see if the school is continuously led and managed effectively. For further information about inspections please click on the Inspection guidance.
If you would like to share your views on our school, please visit Ofsted ParentView.